The 17th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards list of winners

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Photo courtesy of Whyfame
The 17th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards was held on January 12 at the Hollywood Paladium. I’m sure most of you have seen it already, but I’m keeping this list as a personal reference for movies that I’m going to watch this year. 

Let me check my own list so I can tell you how many of them I’ve seen already. Oh. U-huh. It says four. I’ve a long way to go.  

I’m also watching the Golden Globe Awards while I’m writing this. Allow me to spoil the thrill for some of you by telling you that Octavia Spencer won Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture. I just had to tell you that because that’s one of the four films I’ve seen so far.

THE WINNERS

BEST PICTURE
"The Artist"

BEST ACTOR
George Clooney - "The Descendants"

BEST ACTRESS
Viola Davis - "The Help"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Christopher Plummer - "Beginners"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Octavia Spencer - "The Help"

BEST YOUNG ACTOR/ACTRESS
Thomas Horn - "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"

BEST ACTING ENSEMBLE
“The Help"

BEST DIRECTOR
Michel Hazanavicius - "The Artist"

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
"Midnight in Paris" - Woody Allen

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
“Moneyball" - Steven Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin, Story by Stan Chervin

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY - TIE
"The Tree of Life" - Emmanuel Lubezki
"War Horse" - Janusz Kaminski

BEST ART DIRECTION
"Hugo" - Production Designer: Dante Ferretti, Set Decorator: Francesca Lo Schiavo

BEST EDITING
"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" - Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
"The Artist" - Mark Bridges

BEST MAKEUP
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2"

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
"Rise of the Planet of the Apes"

BEST SOUND
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2"

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
"Rango"

BEST ACTION MOVIE
"Drive"

BEST COMEDY
"Bridesmaids"

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
"A Separation"

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
"George Harrison: Living in the Material World"

BEST SONG
"Life's a Happy Song" - performed by Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter/written by Bret McKenzie - The Muppets

BEST SCORE
"The Artist" - Ludovic Bource

 



You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Tea Mates

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe