Reuse coffee grounds and save money

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Have you been throwing out used coffee grounds? That means you have a less stinky trash bin, which is good. But there are other coffee ground uses that will help you save on hand washes and body scrubs.

As I’m writing this, my head is throbbing with pain that I feel will kill me before I finish this article. My advice to anyone suffering from migraine is to drink black coffee. That has worked for me for years. But today’s a little different. I'm staying away from caffeine, but ONLY FOR A DAY. 

Oh well, if I can’t drink it I might as well talk about it. 

Coffee is the kind of drink that never goes to waste. After enjoying a heavenly brew you can save those grounds for a lot of other uses. If you decide to throw the ground into your trash it’s still going to serve its purpose as a deodorizer. It will get rid of the nasty smell and you’ll get a whiff of coffee whenever you open the trash bin instead of the rotten stuff you threw in there.

Here’s what I like to do with used coffee grounds:

Hand wash – It removes stubborn smells that soaps and hand washes can’t get rid of. 

Skin softener– Rub it gently on your hands. Massage the back of your hands with coffee ground then rinse. The instant softness is addicting, I tell you. You’ll find yourself washing your hands with coffee grounds many, many times everyday. I love using this on the back of my hands especially because it takes away years from them. What a great anti-ageing formula!

Body scrub – Spas offer coffee body scrubs for a hefty price, but then, you have all that you need in your coffeemaker.  My favorite DIY would be this and I’m sure you’ll like it, too. Bring a jar with you to the shower and give yourself some good loving using coffee as a body scrub. 

Facial scrub- Among the facial scrubs I’ve tried, this one works wonders. It’s non-drying and does a great job exfoliating even the sensitive areas of your face. 

You can also use coffee grounds as food plants and general deodorizer in any area in your home.

Care to share what you do with your used coffee grounds? 











cure for mondays is a top homeschooling philippine blog, best mommy blogger, top asia women's blog, best homeschool website, family issues blog, coffee, used coffee ground, best facial

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Tea Mates

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe