The Art of the Brick by Nathan Sawaya

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Look! A "Legolized" me!

If not for my son's passion for Lego, I would not find myself walking through Nathan Sawaya's amazing exhibit at the Art Science Museum at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. There was not a second during the exhibit that I did not wish for Cole to be by my side, enjoying all those amazing creations by an artist who fell in love with Lego when he was only five years old. 

"The Art of Brick" is Nathan Sawaya's largest collection of Lego sculptures. When asked about his masterpieces, Sawaya said, "These works are very personal to me since they reflect my growth as an artist as I strove to discover my creative identity." 



The New York-based artist explains that his work of art is something that bridges anyone at any age to their interest for unique creations. "The museum exhibition is accessible because it engages the child in all of us while simultaneously illuminating sophisticated and complex concepts. Everyone can relate to the medium since it is a toy that many children have at home. But my goal with this exhibition when it first debuted in 2007 was to elevate this simple plaything to a place it has never been before."

Nathan Sawaya's latest show began yesterday at the Mansfield Art Center, Mansfield, Ohio. It will be from September 21, 2013 to November 16, 2013.

Here are a few of the very many shots that I took. Sawaya is touring the world and my wish is to take Cole to one of his shows someday.










CURE FOR MONDAYS IS A WOMEN'S BLOG, BEST HOMESCHOOL WEBSITE, FAMILY ISSUES BLOG, HOMESCHOOL PROBLEMS, SOCIALIZATION, INSPIRATION, MANILA MOMMY BLOGGER, SAHM, ASIAN HOMESCHOOLER, BLOGGYS 2015 WINNER, DEALING WITH STRESS, STRESS RELIEVER,  HOW TO DEAL WITH DEPRESSION, THERAPEUTIC ART, BENEFITS OF ART ON CHILDREN, IMPORTANCE OF ART, HOW TO HELP KIDS BECOME CREATIVE, POSITIVE EFFECTS OF ART, aRT FOR KIDS, ARTISTIC CHILDREN, ART THERAPY, marina bay sands nathan sayawa, lego art, lego bricks

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Tea Mates

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe