Noise Will Help You Sleep

Saturday, March 05, 2016


When my daughter was two years old, she realized on her own that screaming and good mental health were interrelated, and thereby enthusiastically practiced her right to positive psyche. She's four now and like most parents we're begging her not to grow up too fast. Being a grown-up does have its disadvantages. My son, on the other hand, decided he was going to be a musician (or sometimes an archaeologist or sometimes the world’s tallest man), so the sound of a screaming guitar escaping from an amplifier was and still is a very much part of our everyday buzz.  

And well, there’s me with my usual domestic convulsions, which often result to occasional semi-screams, and that makes me an active contributor to the cacophony of squawks in our abode. 

Truth is, silence disturbs me. Clutter in our house has never appeared any clearer in my vision than the times I attempted to meditate. When I close my eyes to float over rolling hills and green meadows, unwashed dishes, unmade beds and pieces of toys suddenly begin to appear in the greenery that I try so hard to paint with whatever little imagination I have. They wash away every chance nature has to present its magic to a person aimlessly walking with OCD and restlessness. Challenges are part of my everyday as a homeschooling mom that's why I have a go-to list of ambient sounds and inspirational quotes ready just in case I need them. 

Photo courtesy of i'dratehrbehere.com

Noise is not always a bad thing. I discovered the different kinds of beneficial noise some time ago. They are far from the noise we’re accustomed to because they aid in concentration while reading, studying and working. Noise can also be a good aid in meditation. 

I listen to white noise to help me sleep better sometimes. Does it really work? It does for some people, but others might need pink noise, which has similar effects as white noise, only with deeper sound. Brown noise, which is also called Brownian noise after its discoverer Robert Brown, has deeper sound than pink noise and is known to help people with concentration. It also helps babies sleep soundly, so this can be something moms may want to try. 


The different kinds of noise are scientifically proven to help people in various ways. I believe everyone reacts differently to sound frequencies, so you might want to try and see what works best for you. 



If you have never consciously listened to pink noise, white noisebrown noise, this may be a good place to start. The green noise is pretty interesting, too. Don’t forget to let me know your experience with noise. 


CURE FOR MONDAYS IS A WOMEN'S BLOG, BEST HOMESCHOOL WEBSITE, FAMILY ISSUES BLOG, HOMESCHOOL PROBLEMS, SOCIALIZATION, INSPIRATION, MANILA MOMMY BLOGGER, SAHM, ASIAN HOMESCHOOLER, BLOGGYS 2015 WINNER, People's choice award bloggys 2015, BENEFITS OF BEING A STAY-AT-HOME-MOM, CURE FOR DEPRESSION, WAYS TO BEAT STRESS, tips for better sleep, HEALTHY LIVING, WAYS TO sleep fast, restful sleep, WORK FROM HOME, helping baby sleep, healthy sleep, longer sleep


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Tea Mates

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe