Our Accidental Rediscovery of Chalk Art

Tuesday, April 19, 2016



We’ve recently moved to our new place and MESS is not enough to describe what surrounds us here now. I could not even find my boxes of tea on our first night and I thought I made sure I was organized with my packing. We move {almost} every year, and yes we’ve been told we’re insane. But what is so crazy about living in different places anyway?


On our third day at the new place, Attika was itching to do some artwork and digging into more than 30 boxes stacked up all over the house to look for paints, brushes and art materials was not on top of my list of to-dos for the day.


With some sort of weird luck, I found the blackboard and a box of chalk lying in the foyer. That blackboard had been in storage for years since we stopped using chalks, so it seemed to be begging for some chalk art love when I found it.


Chalk art is a fun activity, and that’s the reason sidewalk/pavement chalk art festivals are still popular in other parts of the world. Chalks are inexpensive, easy to use, and encourage creativity with the use of colors. Several studies have shown how important art is for everyone. I wrote about it here.

Cole and Attika were halfway through their work when both kids started sneezing and could not stop. That’s when I remembered why we stopped using chalks a long time ago.


CURE FOR MONDAYS IS A WOMEN'S BLOG, BEST HOMESCHOOL WEBSITE, FAMILY ISSUES BLOG, HOMESCHOOL PROBLEMS, SOCIALIZATION, INSPIRATION, MANILA MOMMY BLOGGER, SAHM, ASIAN HOMESCHOOLER, BLOGGYS 2015 WINNER, DEALING WITH STRESS, STRESS RELIEVER,  HOW TO DEAL WITH DEPRESSION, THERAPEUTIC ART, BENEFITS OF ART ON CHILDREN, IMPORTANCE OF ART, HOW TO HELP KIDS BECOME CREATIVE, POSITIVE EFFECTS OF ART, ART FOR KIDS, ARTISTIC CHILDREN, ART THERAPY, CHILDREN ART, CHILDREN DRAWING, PHILIPPINE ART, FILIPINO ART, ASIAN ART, chalk art, MATH AND ART

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Tea Mates

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe